Sunday, November 20, 2011

 


Here is a card I made for the MME November challenge. The sketch is on their blog and you had to use brown somewhere on your card. I used a technique for the yellowish background that I saw on Tammy Tutterow's blog. I used some different kinds of ink, but it turned out so pretty. I used mustard seed distress ink, frayed burlap distress ink, and sand Tattered Angel's glimmer mist. I put a light bit of mustard seed on with my blending tool and then sprayed with glimmer mist. I blended in some frayed burlap distress ink while it was still wet and let dry and then added a tiny bit more mustard seed in a few spots. I then debossed it in my cuttlebug using a sizzix embossing template. Then the cool part is adding some clear rock candy crackle paint and scraping it off the top as much as possible with a piece of cardstock. The crackle paint stays down in the debossed part of the design. This is the first time I tried it and it was so FUN! I also used a flower punch I just bought the other day to make the flower which was fun too. I then used some of MME's lace to finish off the middle of the flower. The butterflies I made on my Cricut using the Give a Hoot cartridge on 1/2" and 3/4". I sprayed them with wheatfields glimmer mist and finished the tops with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. This was a really fun card to make and I like the way it turned out. Thanks for stopping by. I have a wreath tutorial coming your way that is really fun so check back soon. Natelen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That turned out beautifully! ;) I love the gorgeous lace paper flowers! I want a wreath just like that! Love it!

    ReplyDelete