Sunday, September 25, 2011


 

 

I created this layout for the MME challenge for September. I took a picture of the entire layout, but it turned out rather yellow and dark. I scanned the layout in two parts so you could see the true color. We went to Capitol Reef as a family this summer. The kids all picked out a lollipop from the old country store. They were all licking and enjoying their lolli's on the front porch of this place and I knew it was a picture perfect moment. It reminded me of going to the candy store as a little girl and seeing all the jars full of colors and flavors. Pick just one was hard for everyone and I think all the kids changed their mind at least once. Everyone ended up with a yummy lolli and enjoyed them amongst some sunshine and gorgeous scenery. My two girls were asking why they did not have any pants on in this picture as I was scrapping and I reminded them that they had a swimsuit on. They were both relieved! Capitol Reef is a favorite place for us to go as a family. For this layout I used a polka dot paper as my background from the Laundry Line (pretty old I know but I loved it), Lost and Found, Stella and Rose and some So Sophie papers and embellishments. I love making rosettes and loved them on this page. I used journaling strips from various lines and loved all the chippie pieces. Of course I had to use those big metal vintage buttons. I liked the way it all came together and for inspiration to do something a little different than I usually do. I am new to blogging and trying to figure all this out. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment